The Look: With the beachy waves we’ve been seeing on the catwalks for many seasons now, this billowing style at Marc by Marc Jacobs set a new standard for curly hair. The voluminous ringlets paired with a mini pompadour looked fun and playful, and admittedly “a little crazy,” said hairstylist Guido Palau, who cited a 1940s-era uptown girl as his inspiration.
Read more from Elle Magazine: New Curly Hairstyles – 5 Big Voluminous Curls to Wear Now
Drum roll please! The hottest hair color trends include the following:
- Ombré hair color has been popping up on red carpets for more than a year and is a great color option for brunettes
- Dip-dye hair color has seen no signs of flagging in popularity in 2013. Not just a trend for teens, dip-dye color — in which the ends are dipped in color, while the rest of the hair is left natural — is popping up on women (and men!) of all ages. .
- Bronde or “brown blonde” is that perfect shade between blonde and brunette that was first made popular back in 2007 by supermodel Gisele Bundchen and remains popular into 2013. ( As seen in the photo on this blog)
- Bright hues including streaks, washes of pastels, and bright crayon hair color and more.
- Platinum blonde hair remains popular in 2013. Keeping hair this blonde is high maintenance, however, and won’t suit all skin tones.
Call us if your interested in a Fall Hair makeover. We can customize a great look for you!
If you have super pale skin and brown hair, consider going lighter or at least having some highlights painted or foiled in. Super dark shades can wash you out and even make you appear older. I love the super-trendy”bronde” and “ombré”styles for brunettes for the perfect sun-kissed look.