Balayage has been around for a while but this timeless technique is creeping its way back into being one of the most popular hair colour requests in salons today.
Boho-chic is definitely a trend! From fat braids to messy tresses its all about texture. Here are 7 ways to create your own Boho-chic look:
TREND: Low Ponytail by Mark Woolley
“The ponytails at the Christian Dior Show had an edgy feel with the hair being pulled directly off the face with a wet look finish at the root with the main ponytail being straight, full of volume and texture.”
- The fullness and texture of this look is achieved by the blow-dry, not through straightening the hair with irons. Prep the hair with a heat protecting smoothing cream.
- Apply a little wax or gel to the front top section of your hair just at the root and brush the hair straight off the face, ensuring the hair off the face is smooth and even.
- Secure the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck using an elastic.
- If your hair is fine and you want to add a little volume, backcomb the centre of your ponytail and then smooth over with a grooming brush to give the illusion of thicker hair.
- Smooth any fly-aways with your hand and a little Electric serum and finish with fixing hairspray.4. If your hair is fine and you want to add a little volume, backcomb the centre of your ponytail and then smooth over with a grooming brush to give the illusion of thicker hair.
The Look: With the beachy waves we’ve been seeing on the catwalks for many seasons now, this billowing style at Marc by Marc Jacobs set a new standard for curly hair. The voluminous ringlets paired with a mini pompadour looked fun and playful, and admittedly “a little crazy,” said hairstylist Guido Palau, who cited a 1940s-era uptown girl as his inspiration.
Read more from Elle Magazine: New Curly Hairstyles – 5 Big Voluminous Curls to Wear Now
Drum roll please! The hottest hair color trends include the following:
- Ombré hair color has been popping up on red carpets for more than a year and is a great color option for brunettes
- Dip-dye hair color has seen no signs of flagging in popularity in 2013. Not just a trend for teens, dip-dye color — in which the ends are dipped in color, while the rest of the hair is left natural — is popping up on women (and men!) of all ages. .
- Bronde or “brown blonde” is that perfect shade between blonde and brunette that was first made popular back in 2007 by supermodel Gisele Bundchen and remains popular into 2013. ( As seen in the photo on this blog)
- Bright hues including streaks, washes of pastels, and bright crayon hair color and more.
- Platinum blonde hair remains popular in 2013. Keeping hair this blonde is high maintenance, however, and won’t suit all skin tones.
Call us if your interested in a Fall Hair makeover. We can customize a great look for you!
If you have super pale skin and brown hair, consider going lighter or at least having some highlights painted or foiled in. Super dark shades can wash you out and even make you appear older. I love the super-trendy”bronde” and “ombré”styles for brunettes for the perfect sun-kissed look.